You have a ton of customer data, but your customers are just not thriving the way they should.
Your CSMs still wonder which customers to focus on.
Your Customer Success team is working hard, but you have surprise churn.
You know it has to be easier.
What does it look like?
You think you have a healthy customer, and suddenly they leave you.
Here are 3 key types of churn:
- Green churn: A customer churns, despite positive (or ‘green’) customer health scores in the months leading up to the churn.
- Failure to Thrive: The customer never achieved consistently green health scores and were bound to churn from the start.
- Sudden Change: Customer almost instantly goes from green to red, and churn occurs before you have a chance to react.
- Ineffective hand-off from sales: Sales was a positive experience, but the customer was passed to a team that gives them little support. The honeymoon is over, and your customer leaves you.
- Onboarding problems: Onboarding didn’t align with customer’s goals or desired outcome.
- Misleading health score: Health scores aren’t effectively measuring the customer’s goals or desired outcome, which blurs the full picture of their success.
- Wrong customer: The customer wasn’t a qualified deal in the first place. You were lucky to win them, and they were destined to churn eventually.
Back away from the data for a moment and rediscover your customer’s journey. Every one of your customers is trying to drive change in their organization, or get serious business done with your product. Your team needs to zero in on those stories, focusing on the individuals doing their best to drive results. Your product is there to help them, so dial in to their goals and their barriers to understand the role that your product, and your CSM team play in their quest for change.
Once you reset your understanding of your customers’ stories, you are ready to tweak, or even rebuild, your health scores. Doing so will more accurately reflect your customers’ fundamental goals.
To help you, we offer the Buyer as Hero™ model and the concept of F∆ (‘F-delta’). With this toolkit, you can use Buyer as Hero™ and F∆ to help you profile your buyers and describe their world, so that you can re-instrument health scores to better reflect your customers’ reality.
With better health scores, and knowing who your ideal customers are (and aren’t), your team will breathe easier. You will be much more effective in combatting churn, achieving upsell, and driving key metrics such as Net Promoter Scores.
What does it look like? Customer health scores and calls-to-action will be aligned to buyer outcomes. The data will be aligned to your buyers’ stories.
Stay tuned for the release of other Customer Success tools in the weeks to comeSign up to receive updates on future tools
© Eigenworks Inc. 2017. All rights reserved.